Thursday, October 26, 2006

Honour Thy Parents
One of dad's friends throwing a birthday celebration for his 90-year old mum on the 2nd day of Raya.
Tagged along with my parents coz i didn't want to miss the chance to freeload on the luncheon feast was looking forward to spending some quality family...

Yam seng spirit very much alive even during Raya

A towering mammoth of a cake... where's the other tower?

Sure feels great & warms the heart to be spending time with old-timers from your generation, your kids, grand kids, grand kids' kid, yada yada yada spanning generations down the family tree in such manner.. Though by then, most of us would have toothless for a decade or so, barely able to get around on our own, or too speech-impaired to make any sense at all... just need to sit back, relax & savour the momenteous occasion.

I'd say i'd be lucky not to have my own kids dump me at the old folks by then... if i get to have one of my own someday (ONE coz it's getting too expansive to afford more than one these days)

Blessed to be part of a small but wonderful family. Mom & dad's been working hard to provide all these years. Dad bought me my nike air max (had a couple of them from my juvenile shoe-fetish days), drove me to school, tuition, basketball practices, even dates (got my drivers license late - not because i sucked at driving & flunked my test),
got me most of what i wanted (a.k.a the mobile ATM machine), even helped me hunt for that prized B16 half-cut (not too many dads out there rear their kids to be speed demon), not forgetting showing me how to pee properly coz i kept wetting my pants as a little kid (slow semi-retarded learner bah)
Mom keeps the household running smoothly, clean & neat like any household should, ensuring foods always on the table & chipsmore, honey stars & fresh milk never runs out... and the omni-present naggings to so that i'd brush my teeth before bed, make my bed once i wake up, be at the dining table on time, make sure i consume my daily dose of supplements..blah, blah, blah. Well, it's a universally accepted as motherly love language.
And then, there's my nosy sister, which i can't help but just ignore. She's more bearable when's she's quiet & not hogging the PS2 & borrowing my stuffs less w/o returning them...

Come think about it i haven't really done anything much for my family; except occupying some space in the house & eating up a big chunk of the household expenditure...Always too lazy to even lift finger to do any housework... guilty bailing out on home-made meals coz some friends called up for lim teh or some fancy dinner at the very last minute, always not missing a chance fighting for the TV remote..
i'm pretty much silent & cold like a stone at home... not creating much havoc though, just a little anti-social? Sometimes i wonder if i'm incapable of showing affection or any emotions at all... Seriously, i don't know what the f*ck is wrong with me...

No comments: