Saturday, August 12, 2006

I'm talkin' Health
Received my health screening report on thursday. The results checked out pretty much ok to my relief... i've been a sick-prone kid during my teen, plagued by asthma.. but it's been gone for a good couple of years now.
Also got to learned that i'm running on B+ 'fuel' - i'm amused to finally get to know what's pumping in those veins for the first time in my 24+ years of existence.
Could almost pass for a clean health bill, apart from one or two pink-highlighted items, i found staring back at me, while i browse thru the pages of the report:
1. Quite high level of uric acid - wassdat? Listed under the kidney function tests, it can't be too good for my kidneys - lacking vitamin B?
2. High cholesterol level: LDL - the evil twin of HDL ... & i thought only obese ppl will have this problem... but my Total/HDL ratio's still normal though - too much red-meat intake?
3. Non-immunisation for Hepatitis - must have skipped somewhere during my schoolbound injection-phobia stricken days.. now scared no more

I guess i need to pay more attention to the health profile folder: Guidelines for Healthy Living
a. Increase intake of high fiber food such as cereal, bran, fruits & vegetables - i've got a diet- i just eat whatever i want when i feel like it...hmm?
b. Reduce fat & cholesterol intake - red meat intake constitutes to a major portion of my diet
c. Reduce sugar & salt intake - go for tasteless-ness?
d. Increase water intake - my daily liquid consumption suggest that i'm the human equivalent of a camel
e. Increase exercise - can't be accused of not trying
f. Reduce stress - still learning how to manage mine... effectively
g. Reduce alchohol consumption & stop smoking - gone were my party animal hey-days

So i've got myself a handful of health-related resolutions to add to the list:
Eat+drink right, exercise right & live right

Btw, on the cover it also says 'Private & Confidential' - not anymore... well, there's nothing to hide. I'm fit as a horse, well almost =p

Just can't stand the haze of the recent days... it's getting at me- stuffy-nose, late-afternoon headaches & drowsyness. Hope the skies are gonna clear up soon =)

No comments: