Friday, January 19, 2007

Shrink my dreams to fit my income


Period - inline with my company’s cost-cutting move to freeze OTs to ride out the rough transitional period for the year to come. Some spending habit adjustments & a little getting use to will be required to cope with this earning-capability crisis. Talk about the equivalent of taking a 40% pay-cut, isn’t exactly easy to embrace.

For a start, I’d been lucky to have landed a job that pays well comparatively, than most of my working-class counterparts… at least locally. Having a sizeable amount of disposable income in hand at the end of every month just conveniently accommodates my impulse-driven spending frenzy:

a) Hi-tech gadget must-haves – iPOD shuffle(want), PSP(want2), LCD monitor(getting one real soon), iPhone?

b) Occasional dine-outs (a.k.a expensive food indulgence - can't live without)

c) Go for vacation every other month (just back from Peninsula trip last month, be going KK in March, Bali this coming October)

d) Pimp my ride (major bank account sink-hole) – Recaro huggies, expensive Advan Neova rubbers, HKS oil change(want?), Denso Iridium spark plugs(want??)…+ brand name aftermarket parts to bling up the engine bay.

Yeaps, I’m financially unsound – my budget planning hardly makes any sense.

Now that I’ve finally got more free time (coz no more friggin’ OTs to give a damn about), I gotta go figure it out. Or I might want to start looking for greener pastures.

2 comments:

Kino said...

Man, u do know to enjoy ur life and agree with you there goes ur financial planning. wahahaha

cal81 said...

haha, usually they dun go hand-in-hand. Well, life is not just a mere existence.... got to live it to the fullest, ha!