Sunday, July 01, 2007

Transformers RAWKS!

Like most kids of the 80s, we grew up watching Transformers. I bet most of you kids of the 80s would have had fond memories playing with those neat robots-in-disguise action figures ~ having a scaled 18-wheeler truck that transforms into Optimus Prime; the ultimate toy... what's cooler than that? That was my childhood. I still have a handful of those robot-in-disguise neatly tucked in my treasure trove somewhere in the storeroom, albeit collecting dust. Maybe i'll pass them on to my kids someday, ha.


When i first heard of the making of this movie, i wasn't all that excited or keen; they're never gonna pull this one off... or so i thought. Until i saw the movie last friday. I was blown off my seat. Totally awesome. Not only have they breathed some souls into those robots, they gave them kick-ass attitude too. It was well scripted, humorous (last thing i would expect of a movie like this one), and a good bunch of fresh casts. On the bonus side, that lead actress is da bomb. I'd pay 10 bucks to watch it on the big screen again.

More than meets the eye. Get my drift?

That closing theme by Linkin Park ~ what i've done never sounded better. I'm just so digging that song.... The soundtrack sounded great. I'll be wanting to get a copy & play it in my ride. Let's see if it transforms into an autobot, heh...

Go check out this site. U'll be blown away by the designs.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

yup..totally agree.

cal81 said...

ha, i think i'm gonna post pics of my transformers collection soon... =p

Kino said...

Hopefully the pic of your car is being PS... else is so "pai kua"

Just a comment my fren, just a comment.

cal81 said...

never mind, it's an old beat up car anyway... if it can scan & upgrade itself to the lastest Civic-R model, wouldn't that be cool, ha =p