Tuesday, June 26, 2007

She rocks too; though this one's a sad song of despair ~ lyrics bear significance to passing of a loved one. Could have been written for the passing of her estranged father. So much emotion put into this song that watching it gives me the chills.



I remember I went to sleep late that night feeling uneasy
And had a very sad dream
The phone started to ring in the morning, breaking the silence
And the premonition became a reality
Leaving an unfading scar on my heart
You became a star, alone

* Sayonara -- You have gone to the place where we can never meet again
I can't accept the coldness of our eternal parting
I wish I could have heard from you
That I had certainly been loved by you
Only once, even if it had been a lie

The sorrow I had thought to be endless came to an end
The season has changed, I feel bitterly cold
I will never forget that first day of summer
The sky kept on weeping instead of me this year
I feel as if I were living in the continuation of the dream
And I can't even cry now

Sayonara -- Even my last words don't reach you
It forces me to realize the coldness of our parting
I wish I could have heard from you
That you never regretted the days we had spent together
Only once, even if it had been a lie

Why did you do it this way
Leaving memories only to the very end?

Please tell me this is only the story of the continuing dream
And that I'm not yet awake


No comments: